Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Amplify

 Sunday was the definition of crazy busy. Got home from the club at 5 a.m., went to sleep, I had to wake up soonish to walk the pig, then we went to M's parents for lunch (I'll post that outfit some time tomorrow), then my parents and my sis came to visit the flat so before that I had to do a bit of cleaning up, their visit was nice but I was super tired by then. Anyways, after my family left, M & I were all like "now what" and I was really tempted to just stay in and be lazy and read but instead, I went to walk the pig and then we went on a movie date. I was completely dead by Monday and Monday was super busy too (more on that also in another post). So back to what we did Sunday. We went to see Thor 2. I thought it was a really good movie - there was action, there were some really funny parts, there was a bit of romance (not nearly enough though!). The only part I didn't like was the ending. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet and wants to, so I'll just say this - what typical guy bullshit. I know he's supposed to mean well but he's left her anxious again, bastard. And then the whole thing how it's obvious that there will be another sequel is also a bit annoying. This isn't a movie blog though (maybe it should be?) so let's get back on track and here's what I wore:


Shoes saved: Asos Amplify Punch Out Wedge Ankle Boots in brown leather
Worn on: Sunday 17.11.2013 - dinner and a movie
Wearing: Asos dress with gold pearl detail, Pull & Bear sweater, Topshop coat, vintage bag


Before I show you product photos of the shoes, let's talk about the dress. I bought it ages ago and have only worn it like once. That's basically because although I really like the dress (it's like a super soft sweater with pearls on the front - awesome), it's kinda really really short. It definitely doesn't look as short on the model (pictured below) so I was surprised it was so short when it arrived. But on Sunday I was like "I don't care, I want to wear something I haven't worn in ages, I want something new and daring" so this dress won.


Now, the shoes won't be to everyone's liking. I know a lot of people hate open toed boots and I get that. The practicality is a bit low.  But on the other hand, I really liked these boots when I saw them on the Asos website and I was willing to try the trend. I'll be honest and say that although I had wanted to wear them a number of times, I never have until this past Sunday. And that's because we took the car. If we hadn't taken the car there would have been no way I would have worn these boots. I think if they weren't open toed I would get a whole lot more wear out of them but then again, I think the open toe does make them way more interesting. Anyways, I'm glad I finally managed to save them and that's all for today. See ya!


More on the shoe challenge here.

2 comments:

Pink Haired Princess said...

Well I've always liked open toe boots despite their non-practicality! Love that dress and you can totally get away with something so short especially with tights. Loving the Christmas lights too!

Very Veronique said...

I like the idea of them but how do you wear them?! I mean, I hate having cold toes so the shoes are something I definitely don't get a lot of wear out of.. And thanks, but still would have preferred if the dress was a tiny bit longer!