Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Little Surprise!

 Ha! Bet you didn't expect to hear from me today! Well it seems my internet connection is still working so I just had to make the most of it, right? (That means I watched the latest Bones episode - I totally knew the kid did it - and checked on my favorite blogs.) Anyways, today has been a looong day. It was the first day of school and my classes ended up being canceled today (they couldn't tell us in advance? seriously?) so I just stopped by the uni book store to buy two text books (and ended up spending more than I would have liked - being a student is not easy) and then went to two libraries in order to score a book I need for tomorrow's subject. I thought really hard about what I would wear for the first day of school and I ended up wearing:


Shoes saved: Topshop Adios 2 ankle boots with gold studs
Where: first day of uni, running errands
Wearing: Zara skinny jeans, black and grey H&M tank tops, black H&M cardigan, red pashmina, favorite Zara fake leather jacket, Parfois backpack

I settled on wearing an outfit that I could easily spend the whole day - plus some serious walking was involved (the two classes I have today are in different buildings and they're a ways apart, plus the flat is quite far away from my school) and mainly I knew I'd be going to the bookstore so my backpack was a must. Man, those books are heavy! Like I said - it ain't easy being a student!

I usually wear dresses but sometimes when I want more function than fashion, I prefer a pair of skinny jeans. These are the same jeans as in my previous post - they are super tight skinny jeans from Zara in a dark blue wash. They look almost black in the photos but are bluer in real life. Lately I've been wearing a lot of grey and black tee shirts and tank tops and I kept that up today as well. I love layering tank tops and definitely need to buy some more (I went to H&M today but they didn't have what I was looking for in my store so I will probably have to go to the store in the center where they have a larger variety.) I also wore my favorite fake leather jacket.


As for the shoes - well these were an easy save. I bought these this year in the post Christmas sales and have worn them a lot during the end of winter and beginning of spring. I adore the studs on these shoes and they have a nice little chunky heel that's perfect for a lot of walking. I love that even though it's a very wearable shoe, the studding makes them feel more special. More me. Like I said, an easy save. (I need more shoes like this.)


I have one more save for you today - these are my most favorite slouchy boots ever. Sadly, they are really falling apart. It's breaking my heart but I think I may need to give them up soon. But I love these boots so much! I know they look kind of horrible and all but I love them nonetheless. I'm hoping that maybe I could get some shoe repairer to fix them up but since they're not made from leather, I'm not sure there's any hope. Maybe I could get someone to recreate them for me? I might actually do that.
 

Shoes saved: Stradivarius slouchy boots
Where: piggy walk this morning
Wearing: Zara skinny jeans (actually I had the same outfit on except for the fake leather jacket - I had a red coat on instead)

On a different note, here are some pictures of my shoe room. I tried getting some nice photos but the lighting in that part of the flat sucks! There's no natural light in the shoe room or the hallway so it's not really the best for photo taking. But I tried anyway.


In the photo above you can see the shoe wall that goes the entire length of the shoe room (there are shoes behind the closet too) and below you can see the mirrored closet (on top of which are storage boxes with more shoes - the summery ones), a chair for reaching the top shelves and for sitting to put my shoes on (very handy), then next to the closet on the right side are hooks for some of my handbags and then the smaller shoe wall. I think the room is really cute and I am so glad that the boy & I put the effort into it to make it the best it could be. I love my shoes and I wanted to give them the best possible home.


2 comments:

Pink Haired Princess said...

I like the studs on those boots. Loving the shoe room, although I can't quite fully work it all out! I agree about the chair for top shelves, I have a little fold up stool that's great for reaching!

Very Veronique said...

I would love to see photos/a post about YOUR shoe storage!!! (I can't even try to imagine where/how you manage to fit all your lovely shoes).

I know the way I described it may be a bit confusing, but the room is too small to take a proper full photo and without it it's hard to understand the lay out.