Thursday, September 26, 2013

Two for the price of one


Shoes saved: Topshop pointed toe flats
Where: lunch outing
Wearing: H&M leopard print coat, thrifted Piet Mondrian-esque dress, blue tights, Pull&Bear bag

This is today's outfit and shoe save. I took the day off from work to clean up the flat a bit and to catch up with some of my other responsibilities. So when it was time for lunch, I wanted to wear something fun and maybe a bit outside of my comfort zone. I did want to wear heels originally, but with a dress this short, that's a no can do. The dress was a thrift store find and I love the gentle nod towards Piet Mondrian it has going on. The shoes are pointy toe flats, I bought them at the end of summer in the Topshop sale. I've worn them once before but with bare feet and they were quite mean to my pinky toes so this time I added colorful tights as a barrier and also for added warmth.


I love the pointed toe of the shoes and the ankle strap is a fun detail too. Because I had a lot of colors going on, I decided no make-up (okay, actually, I was just too lazy and hungry. I basically just washed my hair, towel dried it, threw some clothes on and left the flat.)


I think this outfit, though maybe a bit outside my typical wear (the dress is REALLY short!), felt really "me" and I fully embraced all the colors and prints I had going on. Here you can see the bag I wore (one of my favorites!) and a little bit more of the dress (it has a green part, a blue part, a white part and a pink part - the back is all black). Oh and behind me you can see our garden gnome that looks after our balcony. Isn't he cute?



Over on my instagram I promised to post yesterday's dinner outfit. The photo is not the best, it was late and I forgot to take photos before we left for dinner so the boy snapped this one as we were headed home. Garage lighting is not the best for outfit posts.


Shoes saved: Asos Sabrina High Vamp shoes in green tartan
Where: some ikea shopping (storage boxes), dinner at CCM
Wearing: Stradivarius sweater, Dune dress, bag Coccinelle (the color of the bag perfectly matched the color of the roses on the dress and I think the green tartan matched the leaves quite well too)

These shoes have a lovely tartan print though my favorite part of them is their heel. I love how it's almost a wedge and I also love the nod to slipper shoes with that high vamp. This was the first time I wore them and they weren't the most comfortable. Definitely not for long walks but since we went by car, it was fine. And I got to save some fun shoes after all! Here are some photos of the shoes:



No comments: