Monday, August 5, 2013

Back From Holiday Blues


As I have probably mentioned before, last week I was on holiday is Austria.Now, I'm a city girl, through and through. So mountains aren't really my thing. But it's nice up there sometimes. Like in the picture above, that was pretty neat. But I had a head cold and having a cold whilst being on vacation sucks.


I tried to get the most out of my holiday by enjoying the trips and resting when I could. I read two and a half books. I went swimming. I had some fun.


I saw a gigantic mushroom. So obviously I posed with it. I wore cropped green pants. Sometimes I didn't bother wearing a bra but that's besides the point. Which was probably due to reading this book. (Love it!!! And yes I have said "I am a feminist"while standing on a chair...)


I rode on a ferris wheel and wore my new glasses (a lovely feeling of actually being able to see).


I bought a new hat. I was inspired by a photo that Shoeperwoman posted on her instagram to give hats a chance. I tend to be shy of hats. I just kinda feel ridiculous wearing one (if it's not the middle of winter and the hat in question in a beanie and necessary for my ears not to freeze off). But I decided to give it a go and was quite happy with the outcome. But then again, wearing a hat on vacation for three days is different than wearing one in normal day life. So we'll see...

Lastly I want to say that I really, really, REALLY missed my pig. He was on holiday as well, on a farm of a friend. He was there 9 days and I'm told he had fun (he actually didn't want to go home). But I am super glad to have him home. This is us over at my parents' garden having a chill out on Sunday. All pictures are from my instagram account.

2 comments:

Pink Haired Princess said...

I love that first outfit and I already said on FB that I adore your glasses, gorgeous : )

Very Veronique said...

Thanks for stopping by:) I was planning on writing a new post today but with everything going on (the move is closing in on us and friends' weddings) I didn't manage to take any pictures...