Friday, January 18, 2013

Role model of the day: Julia Childs!

I've just seen the movie Julie & Julia and have fallen in love with Julia Childs. She and her husband seem like incredible people, I adore their story. I'm thinking of purchasing her book My Life in France and her legendary cookbook Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Pictured above is a Valentine's Day card that they had sent to friends. Amazing. *In the movie, Meryl Streep played her so well! I was quite interested in Amy Adams's character as well and looked Julie Powell up and I must say, I'm very disappointed. Instead of the nice, endearing young woman from the film, the real Powell is a self-centered monster. I was shocked to find that her second book is about butchery (eww) and about a love affair she had after publishing her first book and what that did to her marriage. Um, hello?! What that should have done to her marriage was end it! I would never suffer a cheater! Frankly, I don't believe you can cheat on someone you truly love, especially if the affair last two years, common. And I also don't think flaunting something like that to the public is the right thing to do. Not to mention plagiarizing the title of your book. So I'm over Julie Powell. She's left a really bad impression. But contrary to her, I'm all the more in love/awe of Julia Childs,such an awesome lady and an inspiration to us all. Xo, MsV

No comments: