Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Looking Back..

It's a bit amusing to think that when I started the shoe challenge I had 109 pairs of shoes. Now I have 254 pairs. That means that during the year I more than doubled my collection! Now, this year I'm definitely cutting back on the shoe shopping as I have NO SPACE for shoe storage at our present living arrangement. I'll try not to buy almost any shoes at all. Maybe only one pair a month. Starting now. This kind of makes me want to go shopping rightthisminute but luckily it is snowing out and I am much too lazy and have loads to do at home (work, study, clean up etc. etc.), so me & my bank account are sparred. For now at least.

Looking back, I have to say it has been a hell of a year. And things aren't slowing down just yet either. On the contrary it feels like things are more crazy and hectic than ever! But there is a certain beauty in that as well. For this year I plan - besides not buying that many pairs of shoes - to be more organized! That would definitely make everything a little bit easier for me.

I'd also like to stop neglecting the inspirery posts over at my other blog (www.inspirermoi.blogspot.com) and to try to transform some of the styles into my everyday looks on here. Like in the photo below (Derek Lam NYFW 2012), I could totally see myself wearing something like the grey oversized trousers with a smart shirt or the look of the far right, a knit top over a flowing maxi skirt. This year I want to stay inspired.

 I hope this blog stays inyourface-ish but also evolves into something more. I hope to reach more viewers and to get more feed-back. But I also wish us all to have loads of fun along the way! xox, MsVeve

No comments: