Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Truth.

I probably don't need any new shoes. But the things is, when I'm not feeling my best? When I get sad or hurt or worried, I feel like I not only need new shoes but that having new shoes changes the moment. Thus I don't have to be sad/hurt/worried anymore, because there I am thinking about shoes instead and feeling more or less happy. Shopping in general makes me happier and if I had endless resources than that wouldn't be a problem. But since I'm just a student/part-time employee money issues to tend to be severe sometimes. I just can't help it though, I mean sometimes there's just no other way how to calm myself down other than to go and get my mind set on new things. It's like a unbreakable cykle of sin. Sometimes it's like I can't function. I can't even think straight. Like right now? Right now I'm supposed to be studying for Thursday's exam. And what am I doing instead? Looking thru Asos and other favorite sites and thinking about shoes. I must stop I know, but I feel like I can't even tare myself away. So I guess this is how an addict feels? Probably. Or well actually probably a bit worse right? I mean, shoes aren't like say heroin right?? Or are shoes/shoe-shopping just as dangerous?

2 comments:

Sophia's Lover said...

Silent friend of many distances, feel
how space dilates with each breath of yours.
Among the rafters of dark belfries peal
your own sweet tones. Your predators

will grow strong upon such fare.
Know transformation in its varied sign.
Which experience produces most despair?
If drinking offend, transform yourself to wine.

Be, in this immensity of night,
the magic force at your sense's crossroad;
the purpose of their mysterious plan.

And though you fade from earthly sight,
declare to the silent earth: I flow.
To the rushing water say: I am.

thanks.

Very Veronique said...

If I flow and I am, does that mean I should or should not shop? JK, thnx for stopping by!