Tuesday, February 16, 2010

An ode to heartbreak

There's no feelings left where I am. In a deep dark place where you had sent me. I cannot even bare to look at you. There's nothing there, nothing left. I had loved you, yes, but you had taken that love for granted. You thought you could do what exactly? I will never understand you. How could you? And I could never trust you again. How could you say you love me and then behind my back... I will never look at you the same. I will probably never let anyone get so close ever again. You have broken me in two and I had used to bend over backwards for you. All that is left now is a dry angry laughter. I laugh. I laugh at the irony of it, to think I had always given you everything, anything you have ever wanted. And you trampled upon it. I had spread my dreams under your feet but you barely noticed. It's over now. It has to be. Let me go. I wish you the best, I really do. But, lover lost, we are through.

No comments: