Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The unforseen evils..

Okay, so I kinda knew what I was getting into. I pictured the loads of studying and being always ever so busy before hand, granted. Well actually? I sorta pictured it a bit differently, y'know, sitting at sweet little cafes, sipping a latte and being all cute. I mean, I knew there'd be that big ol' annoying text book and all but it was just all kinda blurred and seemed almost poetic. You get the picture I'm painting here, right? The geek chic meets rocker girl fashions, the "je ne sais quoi" femme fatale attitude, the hot classmates turned into study buddies and thus everything going as smoothly as a hot knife thru butter. Well, dear friends, I was wrong. Dead wrong. My math's no where near as good as I had dimly recalled it being and so far at least, there's really nothing hot about VSCHT. And what's really killing me? The waking up at 6 a.m., now that part hurts. At 6 a.m. I'm not even able to put a decent outfit together so I have to plan ahead the night prior. How sad is that?? Uggh, oh and it's always winter cold that early in the mornings so it's like living in two three seasons at once but without the fun of a winter wonderland, the glamour of the beginning autumn or the fun of indian summer..
Well, actually, you know I'm loving all of it right? :)) I mean, it's still a really rad uni and all and it gives me perspective on a lot of things I wouldn't have otherwise. Just too bad I don't have that much time left for anything else.. That said, better posts to come soon, promise! Wish me luuuuuuuck!
.
.
This is from the day I got back from my Tel Aviv holiday (miss that place so much!) and went to a friend's bday party. Wearing Elwood's "We're on a mission from God" tanktop. Those boys have the right idea;)

2 comments:

Amber said...

oh, I had EXACTLY the same ideas about university - I somehow thought I would morph into a sexy French chick and sit around in cafes all day discussing literature and stuff. Then I found myself living in a horrible student flat, working weekends in a call centre and not being able to afford new clothes because I was so poor. Real life, eh? Glad you're enjoying it, anyway!

Very Veronique said...

Yeah! I'm spending all my money on text books and food for thought. uggh. and I'm REALLY excited about tomorrow. I have Friday off from uni and ONLY have to go to work. Yeay! It's like a holiday.. only not. :D