Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Story of O.



To bring you your weekly helping of literature, I would like to introduce The Story of O. An erotic novel published in 1954, breaking boundaries then and now. O's story is of dominance and submission and although I'm merely at the beginning of the tale, I must say, I'm intrigued..

Written by French author Anne Desclos, under the nom de guerre Pauline Reage, as a series of love letters to her lover Jean Paulhan, who wrote the perface "Happiness in Slavery".

Will surely tell you more when I know more, like I said, I'm at the beginning, people, hang in there. Btw, any of you read it? Or anything of this sort? Thoughts? Tips? Oh and I'm reading this book on my way to work etc. while taking public transport and I've been getting strange looks, huh.

1 comment:

Very Veronique said...

As for tips, whilest searching amazon.com I found what looks like an interesting choice: "Carrie's Story: An Erotic S/M Novel" by Molly Weatherfield. Another book worth checking out is surely "The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty" by A. N. Roquelaure and Anne Rice. Last but not least "Breaking the Girl" by Kim Corum. Thou to be honest, none of them prolly come close to "The Story of O"...